Custom Cranberry Freezer
This custom freezer can hold—and help preserve—millions of pounds of cranberries.
Freshly harvested cranberries arrive to the production facility hot and wet from field washing. To increase the product’s lifespan, the cranberries must be transported into a sizable quick-chill freezer. Straightline Refrigeration created a custom freezer that could not only house the company’s large quantities of product, but also keep them at optimal temperatures to meet high-quality food standards. Through the use of Straightline’s weld shop, the building process was expedited, taking just four months to complete start to finish.
- Large Capacity
- Temperature Control
- Custom Evaporators
- Low-temp Recirculator
- 304 Stainless Steel
- 175,000 sq. feet, holding millions of pounds of cranberries
- Customized evaporators to increase cooling and reduce defrost times
- Two-stage compressor system to match harvest load or maintain year-round cold storage load
- Low Temperature Recirculator package built in Straightline’s weld shop
- Evaporative condenser sized for harvest load or load reduction during harsh winters
- 304 stainless steel piping and fittings
- Food Processing